The Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch is a high-end smartwatch that offers a range of useful features for golfers of various skill levels.
Its built-in GPS helps you track your overall golf performance to guide you to level up your game.
Do you want to know why it’s the choice of most golfers?
Let’s take a look at the best features, notable pros, and not-so-great cons of the Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch!
General Features of Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch
The Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch has a lot to offer to golfers, including:
Built-in GPS Data Tracking
The Garmin S60 tracks important data related to the golf course such as putts per round and fairway hits. It also measures the distance to hazards, fairways, and greens in regulation on more than 41,000 golf courses around the world.
The watch’s built-in GPS will provide you with precise golf figures and statistics that will help you improve your performance with every game.
Game Progress Monitoring
Another cool thing about this watch is that it gives you the ability to track your shots, keep your score, and measure your shot distance.
This way, you can conveniently monitor your game progress without the need for a good old pencil and paper. Better still, the watch is designed to record the scores of up to four players, making it a great option for a group of friends.
Full-color Display, High-Quality Build, and a Waterproof Body
One of the standout features of the Garmin S60 is its 12” full-color and high-resolution touchscreen display. Many golfers appreciate that they can easily read data and navigate the watch in all lighting conditions.
Plus, we like that it’s made of high-quality materials to last for years by your side. It has a scratch-proof display and its bezel is made of polymer or ceramic material to enhance its durability.
Even better, you can use the Garmin S60 on windy, foggy, and rainy days because it’s made waterproof to withstand all weather conditions.
It also works with various water activities because it’s water-resistant up to fifty meters. Talk about versatility!
Extended Battery Life
The Garmin S60’s battery can last up to ten hours when in GPS mode. The battery can extend for ten days if you set it on watch mode.
This way, you’ll be able to play multiple rounds of golf without your watch dying on you.
Fitness Tracking and Different Sports Programs
The S60 also functions as your loyal fitness tracking, giving you an overview of your steps, calories, and heart rate.
In addition to golf-related features, the watch can help you monitor your performance in several other sports and outdoor activities. It has built-in programs for running, cycling, swimming, and hiking.
Garmin Approach S60 GPS Watch: Pros and Cons
Let’s take a quick look at the Garmin Approach S60 GPS watch’s pros and cons, shall we?
- A versatile option for golfers who also engage in other sports like swimming, cycling, snowboarding, etc.
- A sleek, modern design that matches all fashion styles.
- Compatible with QuickFit bands that allow you to transform the entire appearance of your watch in a heartbeat
- Gives you post-game analysis via the Garmin Connect software
- Doesn’t require a separate SIM card as it connects to your smartphone
- Supports playing music through Bluetooth connectivity, taking calls, and checking SMS
- Allows you to disable phone notifications to help you focus on your golf game
- Reliable and accurate statistics and data
- Lightweight (only 1.6 ounces)
- Doesn’t give you slope readings (only specifies if the lie is uphill or downhill)
- Interface may be a bit complicated for first-time users and will need some getting used to
- Battery tends to get hot within several months of using this watch
- More pricey than other smartwatches on the market with similar features
The Final Verdict
While the Garmin Approach S60 is one of the most expensive options on the market, it’s hard to ignore how it can boost your golf gameplay.
We like how it tracks your shots, gives you accurate data on your golf course, and helps you analyze your performance after the game.
It also has many useful features that aren’t related to golf, like Bluetooth connectivity, a large and clear display, and the tracking of other activities. Its battery life is impressive, too, and don’t forget that its build is sleek-looking and waterproof.
So, whether you’re a novice or a seasonal golfer, we’d definitely recommend you give this beast of a watch a try!